Team Puppy (For dogs 8 weeks to 5 months)
Puppies require a soft sensibility and for that we offer instruction on becoming gentle teachers and leaders for the whole family
The Dog Coach Team Puppy Program will start your dog with early training in the basics of a winning relationship. Puppies are always learning from the world around them which allows frequent opportunities to observe their spontaneous tendency to follow your direction and lead them toward polite manners. Puppyhood is a special time to enjoy young dog activities and nurture a healthy, loving relationship.
Some of the puppy behavior that we discuss and appreciate include:
- Being playful and allowing time to rest
- A natural potty schedule
- Devoted attention at mealtimes
- Dependence on your sensitive care and guidance
By encouraging your leadership we show how to nurture good behavior like:
- A feeding and sleeping schedule
- A great opportunity for the whole family to bond with your dog
- Potty training
- Time to assign chores! (a refrigerator chart works perfectly)
- Crate training
- No punishment involved, only relaxation and down-time
- Walking with a leash
- Key lessons in leadership and connecting with your dog
- Setting boundaries
- We explore new frontiers in household management
- Controlling nipping, barking, and more
- Learning a new way to perceive what your dog is up to
These Program lessons set the stage for the Dog Coach Foundation Program which is comprehensive obedience training generally appropriate for your dog after 5 months of age. As puppies can typically be the first dog for the household or family we make it an essential part of the Team Puppy Program to field all your questions as they arise.
Team Puppy Program is offered as one-on-one training or in a group class setting for up to four puppies/families. Please contact us with any questions and for more information on Group Class Scheduling.
- (3) Group Classes at the Wenham Training Barn – $150.00
Group class of (2) to (4) owners with pups – Call for scheduling information
- (3) Sessions of 1-on-1 training with owner at the Wenham Training Barn- $275.00
- (3) Sessions of In-Home Training at your residence – $375.00
Programs include three hour-long training sessions with a 6’ leash included. Training to be completed during an agreed upon 3 to 5 week period.