Appreciate freedom every day...
and teach your dog to appreciate well-earned freedom
Best Neighborhood Dog
Is it time to use more strategy to change your dog’s habits?
The Best Neighborhood Dog Program is for owners with dogs who have graduated from our Foundation, Remote Collar, or Day Training Programs. The work that goes into having a totally awesome dog is a continuous process that can take additional training support and further work on obedience issues. This instruction will raise the bar of your dog training results and is appropriate for recent dog graduates and owners who have been working on training their dogs for 6 months, a year, or longer. We meet your desire for an awesome dog with a strong commitment to make change happen.
Some examples of behavior we encourage in the Best Neighborhood Dog include:
- Does not jump on people when greeting them
- Plays well with all dogs
- Does not chase the mailman, ever
- Does not rush the front door whenever the doorbell rings
- Will always come when called, straight back to you
- Is calm when being fed
- Is relaxed whenever you need him to be relaxed
With this program we give specific attention to:
- Choosing Good Habits
- Which area of obedience is proving most difficult for your dog?
- Socialization Work
- Can your dog ignore other dogs and respond to all you ask of him? Can your dog greet other dogs and strangers while listening to your direction?
- Dog Handling with Tougher Distractions
- Does your dog respond to your commands when the toughest distractions are present?
- Perfecting Your Dog Walk Time
- How comfortable are you walking your dog in all circumstances?
- Advanced Lesson Scenarios
- Can you recognize when your dog is making good decisions? Can you take control of your dog’s toughest behavior at the most stressful times?
- Addressing New Expectations for Your Dog
- Are there new life changes affecting the relationship with your dog?
Life with your dog is an ever-changing process and takes continuing commitment to teach him to grow along with you. The advanced techniques and strategies in the Best Neighborhood Dog Program will challenge you to imagine a new relationship and to lead your dog in a new way.